Check Point Rated the Most Secure Firewall
16th June 2011
The recent publication of a NSS Labs Group Test has identified Check Point as the only vendor to pass the Group Firewall Test and earn its 'Recommend' rating. The reported cited that Check Point was the only technology among the field of six leading vendors tested that was able to prevent TCP Split Handshake spoofing, a recognised trick used by hackers to bypass perimiter firewalls. Key findings from the report highlight Check Point’s exceptional next generational firewall security capabilities, including:
- Passed 100% of Traditional Firewall Tests – passed comprehensive firewall security and policy enforcement requirements. In addition, Check Point Power-1 11065 also achieved a 97.3 percent tuned block rate for integrated IPS1 and 86.6 percent out-of-the-box protection in a recent NSS Labs IPS Group test.
- Passed 100 % of Application Identification and Control Tests – correctly identified a range of applications and enforced policies across a variety of applications, such as SSH, social networking, Instant Messaging, Skype and other Web 2.0 widgets.
- Passed 100 % of User and Group Identity Awareness Tests – successfully identified users and enforced all firewall policies with direct integration to Active Directory.
- Passed 100 % of Tested Evasions – successfully identified and blocked attacks using evasion and obfuscation techniques.
- Low TCO – Delivering impressive price for performance to customers at $49 per Mbps-protected.
Imerja is a Check Point Gold Partner and EMEA Endpoint Partner of the Year - to find out more how Check Point solutions can underpin your IT security strategy please contact us or email firstname.lastname@example.org.